Pages

Friday, September 8, 2023

Not Much to See Here.....

 

So, I was doing some errands and stopped at my local HL......Look at these pretty trees! OOOOOooo, it's hard to resist, but I managed to resist.
I ordered some cute flannel for Little Dylan. He needs a few receiving blankets. 

And I serged the edges on 4 of them and hemmed one. Serging is so much easier!
This is such nice flannel-heavy and thick, no raveling at all!
I used Guterman top stitching thread in the loopers and it looks really good. Nice coverage.
But it does take more than one spool because there's only 33 yards on a spool!
I also completed a repair on my top down bottom up blind. Remember I told you about them just a couple months ago? Yeah well Iris.
She thought she saw something on the back side-maybe a fly- and climbed up to get it. She tore the heck out of the blind material and it split completely. 
SO I turned my sewing machine sideways,,,,,,,
so I could get the metal rail inside my machine and then zig zagged it back together.
It doesn't look very good.....
But when they're re installed, they look perfect!
Nobody needs to know....until you put the top down!LOL!
It'll do for now, maybe I'll shop for some new sturdier ones!
Iris did try to help with the repairs.....

I don't think they make iris proof blinds. 
Oh and today is this fella's one month day!




No comments: