Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Learning Quilt

 So, I had a larger quilt ready to load up on the new machine-Freddie. I cranked up the Quilt Path-the computerized quilting system. This quilt I put together to use up some fabric I got last year on the shop hop-it's all about the buffalo.

See the design I chose on the screen there-kinda cloud looking I think. That's just showing one row, it will do the whole quilt.
I set it to alternate the direction of the swirl on every other row and it all worked really well!
I was a little concerned about the tension, but it actually looks real good I think.
I did learn a couple of more things. 

I need to measure more accurately so the design doesn't run off the bottom edge.  And I'm supposed to stitch down the bottom edge too. 
Here's the quilt all finished. It's a nice simple pattern and made for a good practice quilt. 
Here's the back. Here's another thing I learned-measure more carefully to place the quilt top in the center of the backing. Especially if it's a pieced backing like this one...it looks kind of funny with no gold buffalo print around the bottom edge!
I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this fabric with the animals all over it-it doesn't go with anything-but those puffins are cute!
You can see the quilting here a little better. I could've changed to make the swirls smaller. but I like it this way. 
Another learning quilt complete!



No comments: