Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2024

New Seatcovers

The seatcovers on Hubby's Tacoma were getting pretty icky. So he went on a hunt for some new ones. 
He found these on line at seatcovers unlimited. https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/
These are nice heavy fabric bonded to a foam like backing, so they feel like roof headliner fabric.
One down, one more to go! Whoops, wait a minute-what's this?

There's a hole!
Someone was not careful when they sewed this dart in the seat back cover! Lucky for me I can fix this in a jiffy!
I just sewed it easy as you please on my sewing machine! Skills!
Here's how I did the headrest holes, 
Trim the hole then tuck it into the plastic cover.
Easy as can be, and looks great!
There! All done! They look great!
And there's a little cover for the center console/armrest. It's not the best fit-it's a little bulky where the fabric binding goes near the latch, making it hard to latch closed. I can fix that though!
The Tacoma is ready to go with new comfy seats!

No comments: