Pages

Monday, August 19, 2024

Gift Box Quilt

 I just finished a quilt from this book, called Gift Box. Here's the Author LINK

I got these 2 charm packs, called Land of Enchantment from Moda,  on the All Iowa Shop Hop this year, and thought the turquoise Moda Grunge color looked good with it.  Learn about the AISH HERE.

It's a pretty easy pattern and I used my clearly perfect slotted trimmer on the half square triangles-fast and accurate!
A while later I've got most of the top together.

This makes up to something like 77" X 67" or thereabouts.
I loaded it up on Freddie yesterday and worked out a pattern in Quilt Path-I thought I'd let the computer do the work this time. 
Here we go! Freddie is making these daisy-like shapes, I set it to alternate the design on every other row.
TA-DA all done and I think it looks better in the daylight. 

Here's a close up of the quilting design.
And the backing is some wide back I got on the All Iowa Shop Hop too!


You can see the design on the back a little bit better-and the dog hair too!!
I'm still having a little problem getting my rows exactly right on Freddie. And I suspect that I somehow managed to squash the rows too close together on the 2nd row, see the yellow circles? It sewed them as flattened on the one edge-it's a straight line instead of making the entire flower petal. I get better every time or I make a new boo boo! 
Anyway, it came out looking good and the little stitching issues will not make it any less cozy!


No comments: