Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2024

This Panel Was Making Me Crazy

I bought this panel on the All Iowa Shop Hop, and I thought I'd make it into a quilt. It's called Ride Free by Quilting Treasures.  But the panel size was bothering me and the repeated pictures was annoying. I really just wanted it out of the fabric pile!

SO I decided I'd put it on the long arm and practice a little design. I'm getting better with the Quilt Path program, but there's still a lot to learn. 
I manipulated the design to make it cover the entire area and Darling Daughter was over and she also had a little fun playing with the placement of the design. 

Here it is all finished, off the frame. 
Now, nobody will likely ever know it wasn't intentional, but look here....
Row one, prefect, row 2 whoopsy!, for some reason it overlapped row one. We had looked at all the rows when making the design, so I have no idea why it did this. Row 3 good except look at that big gap! And then Row 4 was great too, I let it finish the entire piece, and maybe the next time I'll know what I did wrong. 
See? On the finished pillows, it just looks like I meant to do that! Don't tell!
These panels just keep giving, they are ALSO an odd size, not square and a little short for a bed pillow, but that's what I stuffed in there!
They look fine.
And the invisible zipper looks great on the bottom. Have you ever noticed, it seems like on store bought pillows, they put the zipper on the side? It's always visible it seems like to me, so I decided to put the zipper on the bottom. It had been awhile since I put in a zipper, so it was a good refresher!
Motorcycle pillows all done & That pesky panel is out of the pile!


No comments: